Thursday, July 2, 2009

Raspberry Jam Jar Transformed

I had a bunch of jars lying around and decided to take a break from card making to try some altered items. This was a quick and easy project and fun to boot! The part of the jar where I couldn't get the stubborn glue off from the label is where I covered it with 2 layers of patterned paper. Then I tied Pacific Point grosgrain ribbon around the lip. The owl is chipboard and using patterned paper, cardstock and a chocolate chip stampin' write pen I added the details to the owl. His eyes were covered in white ink and I used chocolate chip brads for the centers. He's matted to a scalloped circle of Pacific Point cardstock that is inked along the edges and the word "WOOT" is written repeatedly around the edge. The finishing touch was to stuff a cellophane bag in the jar, fill it with peanut M&M's (I chose these because the blue ones matched my colour scheme) and tie off with chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon. Voila! A perfect gift for someone with a sweet tooth :)
All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Whisper White & Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Good Morning Sunshine
Ribbon: Pacific Point & Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point, Whisper White
Brads: Chocolate Chip
Other: Chipboard Owl, Large Cellophane Bag & Peanut M&M's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...