Friday, March 19, 2010

Coffee Wall

It's Friday and anything but a card day. In keeping with the coffee related theme, I thought I'd share with you what I did with my kitchen wall.

Here is the first half of the wall. Over the years I've been collecting coffee prints, not knowing exactly what I'd do with them. I was in a Micheal's store one day and stumbled across coloured vinyl sheets for the cricut machines. That's when my idea hit! I'd make a coffee wall with coffee related words and quotes. I think the hardest part of this entire project was sticking those individual letters on the wall in straight lines!

And here is the other half of my wall. The one in the bottom right hand corner was a project I did myself. I found four coffee prints I really liked on the computer, printed them off and arranged them in one of those floating frames. Then I cut out "I (heart) Coffee" with the chocolate coloured vinyl and placed it on the bottom.

Close up of one of the quotes.

Here is my favourite phrase on the whole wall, but I lot of people don't get it. My daughter read it when I first put it up and while I was giggling she was asking, what does that mean. I guess the DOS programs on computers before Windows was well before her time lol.


And this, *sigh* is my favourite thing to make in my coffee kitchen, but I can only make it around the Christmas season when one of the ingredients is available...Eggnog Cappuccino! This was my first attempt at making a design in the froth, I'm thinking stencils would work a whole lot better.

Thanks for stopping by and I've found some more challenges to play, so I'll be back later with another posting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...