Monday, March 22, 2010

Mojo Monday Sketcch #131 - in purple!

Today's card is very simple...and there is absolutely no hand stitching on this anywhere! lol Stitching adds a very nice touch, but fingers get really sore after hours on end, so I don't anticipate and stitching anytime soon. Although now that I think of it, the new challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room has stitching as part of the challenge...I better get those fingers toughened up :) Anyways, I'm getting off topic. I used this card for 2 challenges, the first one for Mojo Monday #131 of course, but also for Kim Hughes purple challenge over at Paper Hugs & Stamped Kisses .

Here is the sketch...


And here is my card...


I LOVE the colour purple and everything on this card is purple except for the tree trunks. I can picture purple trees, just not purple tree trunks. I created the background paper by using one of the tree stamps from the Trendy Trees stamp set and stamped it with Elegant Eggplant ink all over the purple cardstock. The trees on the right and left have purple brads and I used purple rhinestones on the middle tree.



Here is a close up of the middle tree. I drew the tree trunks, cut them out and popped them up with pieces of pop dots.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Spring!

Purple Tree Card

Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (purple monochromatic pack, just can't remember the name of it), Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Trendy Trees, One of a Kind (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Ribbon: Eggplant Grosgrain (Stampin' Up!)
Brads: Monochromatic purples (not sure if these were Bazzill or not)
Stickers: Purple rhinestones (Martha Stewart Crafts)
Punches: Large Oval, Scallop Oval (Stampin' Up!)
Other: Pop up dots

4 comments:

  1. can one ever have enough purple? great card, fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, now that is a fun purple card...love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...