Friday, March 19, 2010

Paper Hugs Yellow Challenge

Kim Hughes posted another great colour challenge yesterday for the colour yellow! I'll admit, yellow is not my favourite colour, actually it might be the only colour I don't particularly care for, so this challenge was hard for me. After going through my paper, I discovered a whole pile of yellow that has never been touched (yikes!) Yellow embellishments were far and few between as well. However I was able to rustle up some yellow stuff and I even dyed some white lace yellow to go with my project. No card again, decided to make a little Easter basket instead :)

Here's the full project, it's hard to see, but there are cream colored pearls on the sides for the handle.

And here is a close up of the main focal image. I tried to keep it as yellow as possible but I had to give my flower a stem and I couldn't resist adding some chocolate chip to the project. Now that I've finished this colour challenge, I notice Kim Hughes has another one posted for today with my absolute favourite colour...PURPLE! Be sure to check it out on her blog.

Happy Easter Basket
(All supplies Stampin' Up!)

Cardstock: Barely Banana, So Saffron, Very Vanilla
Designer Paper: Le Jardin (the inside of the bag is lined with a yellow leaf/vine paper)
Stamps: Terrific Tulips, Well Scripted, Branch Out, Bird on a Branch
Ink: Mellow Moss, So Saffron, Summer Sun, Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip
Pearls: Pretties Kit (Cream)
Glitter: Dazzling Diamonds
Other: Favor Bag Die for Big Shot, Yellow Thread, Lace, Pop Up Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...