Saturday, March 20, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC21

Sometimes I wonder why I make things so complicated. I decided to take part in the Play Date Cafe's challenge this week which is to use the 3 colours shown in the picture below.

The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the colour scheme was Spring/Easter and then the second idea was a quilt. After cutting out all my little squares and placing them on the card front, I figured it needed some stitching...this was my bad idea. I thought ALL of the little squares needed to be stitched to make it look somewhat like a real quilt. So...about a day later, 100's of hand stitches and some hand cramps, I finally finished that "quilt". :)


All the squares are 1"x1" and I ran the edges through my distresser tool to make the edges fray. I zigzag stitched each square with yellow thread and then sponged some chocolate chip ink around the edges of the squares (it's hard to see in the pics). The lace is sewn on, as well as the saying and the Swarovski cream pearls.


Here is the close up of my flower. I loved making the little rose on my project for The Shabby Tea Room so much that I tried it again for this project. This time I used cardstock instead of patterned paper. I think I like using the cardstock better because the flower tends to hold it's shape more. However, the cardstock is thicker. But if you crumple your strip up before you make the flower, the cardstock is more pliable. I sponged some ink the same colour as the paper for depth and added some glitter for a finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my creation:)

Happy Easter Card
(All supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)

Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery
Designer Paper: Berry Bliss (pretty in pink), Notations (barely banana)
Stamps: Well Scripted
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip
Glitter: Dazzling Diamonds
Other: Yellow thread, Cream lace, Swarovski cream pearls

12 comments:

  1. Your flower and the squares and the stitching and the pearls are FAB! LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie...this is stunning! We are so happy to have you play with us in The Play Date Cafe..we look forward to many more offerings from you : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the quilt & that precious flower! Thanks so much for playing along with The Play Date Cafe - Hope you come play next week in an all new color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comment on my blog. Your card is pretty, love your flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again another beautiful card. Thanks Julie for sharing your talents!! Would love to know how you made that rose, it's beautiful!!

    Kim P
    kpcards@eastlink.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beautiful patchwork quilt you made! The flower is so beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at PDDC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! I love your little flower, it's beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe this week, hope you play along next week too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful, Julie! I cannot believe that you hand-stitched all that! Thanks for playing with the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW--great job at the PDCC challenge! I love that quilting (stitching and squares) and the flower! WOW! Stunning:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOOOHHH! So Pretty! I love all those squares stitched together~ scrumptious:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the work you put into this has really paid off, it's STuNNiNG! So glad you joined us at the play date cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on winning the Fab 4 over at the Play Date Cafe Challenge! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...