Sunday, March 21, 2010

Racey Lacey -Diggin' on Doilies and Lace Challenge

The "Diggin' on Doilies and Lace" challenge was one that I was going to skip, because I didn't own any lace or doilies or stamps with any of these images on them. I fell in LOVE with the Heidi Lace Shoes by Georgina Goodman and that's where my inspiration came from. I made an hour trek to the nearest store just to buy lace for this project. I knew I wanted black lace over a white card and then my thought process went "out of the box" and I ended up creating something from the first image that popped into my head...lingerie! :)

Here is my card in all it's lacey glory lol. I really liked the contrast between the black and white, but I needed a "wow" colour to mix it up. Originally I was going to make a wedding dress, but I don't think it would have shown up as good. Then I thought about a red dress, but I kept coming back to my lingerie idea. I didn't have a stamp that said "ooh-la-la" and ended up having to hand write it. That was a scary process, mess it up and you basically have to start from scratch.


Here is a close-up of my lingerie mannequin. I drew a dress form on white and then ran it through my swirls embossing folder for some texture. The edges are sponged with Basic Gray Ink. I drew the bra and panties, inked the edges with red, dyed some lace red and added it as ruffles to both pieces. The dress form stand is made with red and silver wire and the necklace was made with silver seed beads and a Swarovski crystal. There are also Swarovski white pearls stitched on the black lace.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Ooh-La-La Card

Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Real Red, Basic Gray
Other: Swarovski white pearls & crystal, Silver seed beads, black thread, black lace, white lace (dyed), rhinestones, silver & red wire, black pen

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous was from me (Lisa) can't seem to leave a message unless I use this so I guess I will just have to leave my name when I post a comment. Doing a great job! How will you ever go back to work now??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! I wish I had this card for my husband's birthday this week! He would LOVE it! LOVE the sentiment, too! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie! Thanks so much for entering the Diggin' on Doilies and Lace challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...