Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rainbow Pattern

I checked out the PaperCrafts Connection today and was tickled green by Kim Hughes' rainbow pattern and decided to create something with it. First I played around with filling the lines of the rainbow in with buttons, but soon realized I didn't have the right size or enough of one colour. I ended up using patterned paper and paper piecing the rainbow together. I made the four leaf clovers green and added some glitter to them, cut them out and popped them up for something extra. I was still stuck on my button idea and tried a button border around the kraft cardstock edge, but that looked waaayyy to busy! So I went simple and blanket stitched the edge with some green floss I had kicking around. The finishing touch was the "Happy St. Patrick's Day" stamp that was just small enough to fit in one the of the corners, phew!

If you want to play along with Kim's challenges, hop on over to her blog. She's having daily challenges all week, I can't wait to see what her next challenge is.

Happy St. Patrick's Day Card

Cardstock: Kraft, Garden Green (Stampin' Up!)
Designer Paper: Prints Pack, Cast-a-Spell (Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Go Green (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Garden Green
Glitter: Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!)
Other: Rainbow Pattern (Kim Hughes), Green Floss (DMC), Pop Up Dots


On another note, I've come to realize that updating a blog everyday with a different challenge is a full-time job in itself, and I already have one of those so there is not much time leftover. This is the first week I've participated in challenges such as those on Moxie Fab, Mojo Monday and others and I really like them. I figure I don't need to be making up new challenges when there are always TONS to participate in. Anyways my blog routine is going to change a little. Mondays will always be Mojo Monday, Tuesdays will be Tuesday Trigger from Moxie Fab World and I will leave Fridays the same as Anything BUT a card, but I'm going to leave Wednesday and Thursday just in case I find some more challenges to play:) I'll still have a stamp of the week, but it will only pertain to Mojo Monday's sketch and Friday's anything but a card. Thanks for stopping by and I apologize for the changes after only a week of doing this.

P.S...If you know of any other challenges, please let me know, I'd love to play them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...