Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room Challenge - Spring n' Stitchin'

Well I never got to that second post yesterday because I didn't finish the card last night. Here is my card for The Shabby Tea Room challenge for week #2, spring themed with some stitching. I went with another easter card because I know I'm going to be needing some in a week!

For this card I embroidered some easter eggs in 3 spring floss colors which was the inspiration to go with this particular soft colour scheme. I've used this particular layout quite a bit and normally I would use 2 different types of patterned paper for the upper and lower background, but I didn't have one single sheet with the colours to match my cardstock, so I gave the cardstock texture using my Big Shot instead. The basket is just hand cut and popped up with some mint floss sticking up for easter grass.


Here is a close up of the easter basket. The edge of the circle is hand stitched and the flowers were made using a combo of flower punches and pearls.

Thanks for stopping by, and check back tomorrow for my Play Date Cafe challenge project:)

Easter Basket Card
(All supplies Stampin' Up!)

Cardstock: Blush, Blossom, Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Stamps: A Good Egg
Punches: Boho Blossoms, 5 petal flower
Pearls: Pretties Kit (cream)
Texture Plates: Harelquin, Flourish, Damask (Big Shot)
Other: Embroidery floss (anchor), Ivory thread, Lace, Pop Dots

2 comments:

  1. Soooo pretty! Glad you could join us this week at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM!! I can't wait to see what you'll create for next week's all new challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all your stitching is amazing! And I love using the floss for grass in the basket. Thanks so much for playing with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...