Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What's Blue, Red and Sand?

I know I missed the challenge deadline for The Play Date Cafe, but I finished the project anyways. I don't know why, but I had a really tough time with this colour scheme. The only items I had in these colours was cardstock, ribbon and glitter, so I made something very simple. This is the colour scheme for last week's challenge.

Here is my very simple, no fussy, flag book card.


And here is what the inside of it looks like. I wrote 9 friendship quotes/sayings on the flags.


Friend Flag Book

(All supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)

Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Purely Pomegranate, Sahara Sand
Ribbon: Purely Pomegranate
Chipboard: Maya Road
Glitter: Tourmaline (Martha Stewart Crafts)
Punch: Scallop (Marvy Uchida)
Ink: Sahara Sand, Bashful Blue
Other: Pop up dots, Stampin' write marker

5 comments:

  1. Love your Finger Flips for the inside, such a wonderful card for a friend. Thanks for playing along at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea to capture the friends quotes on the inside. Love the glittery letter on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful idea Julie! You really made the colors work for you and we are so glad that you still brought it to The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW--this is a great card! Love the front and the inside--great job! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie, Have been looking through your blog - easy to get lost here - so many beautiful cards! Love this one - what size did you cut the skate? (I'm going to try this one myself!) If you enjoy challenges, drop by www.justscraps.ca. We post a new challenge every fortnight and would LOVE to have you play along. Your work is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...