Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Blue, Blue and White!

Well I didn't think I was going to get a chance to play along with the Play Date Cafe challenge #23 this week...we celebrated 3 birthdays in the family + Easter this weekend. It was non-stop partying from Friday to Monday! Anyways I did manage to grab a few minutes this evening to make a card for this challenge, which is based on the inspirational photo below.


I'll admit I've used light blue and cream/white together, but I would have never have thought of throwing a darker blue into the mix. I went back to my stamping roots with this one because I hadn't been stamping lately and I missed it! :)


Kindness Card
(All supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)

Cardstock: Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Brilliant Blue, White
Embossing Powder: Winter White
Ribbon: Bashful Blue Grosgrain, White Organdy
Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Define Your Life, Flourishes (Autumn Leaves)
Glitter: Crystal Fine (Martha Stewart)
Stickers: Rhinestones (Martha Stewart)
Punch: Scallop Border

Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping! :)

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Julie, I'm glad you managed to squeeze us in for the Play Date Cafe challenge this week! Come and play along with the challenge again tomorrow too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Love how you got the two colors in the definition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you 'needed' time to play - great card-love how those white flowers stand out against the royal blue...yummy
    thanks for playing along in the cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card--love those flowers as they pop on the blue! Super job! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used this stamp with the resist and the shades of blue. Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...