Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cards made at the retreat

So I went away for 3 days and came back with a total of 7 new cards. Needless to say I think I'm more productive when I'm by myself. It seemed every time you'd just get on a roll, it'd be time to eat again and were talking gourmet, sit-your-tummy-I- can't-move-food. Don't get me wrong it was delicious, but you felt like taking a 2 hour nap after each meal. Anways, here is what I made, well 3 of them.

I liked my funky apple tree made with bubble wrap so much that I made two more cards with the same idea.


Now I have a orange tree and a pear tree and I think there will be a plum tree soon.



Here is a close up of the pear and orange. I cut them out by hand and each fruit is no bigger than the tip of my pinky finger. I lost many leaves before I got one glued on :)


I had my Card Creations Start to Finish magazine by PaperCrafts with me and really liked the verse Kalyn Kepner (pg. 14) put on her card and thought it suited by little tree cards just fine. No printer around so I hand wrote the verses.


While digging through my mother-in-law's stash of art goodies I came across a bunch of acrylic shapes. I asked her if I could have some and she said she had no idea what to do with them, so help myself. That was how this third card came about because I had to show her what she could do with them.


I glued cardstock to the backside of the acrylic stars and stamped the front of the big one with a stamp using Staz-On. The rhinestones are stickers by Martha Stewart.



Close up of the big star. All the stars are popped up with pop dots and I used a black pen to make an outline of dots around each star.

And of course I had to finish the inside of the card too. This star is just a cardstock star over ribbon with a rhinestone sticker. Again no printer, handwritten verse.

Thanks for stopping by, art room is almost back in order so hopefully tomorrow night I'll actually be able to make something :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...