Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Inspiration in the oddest places

I'm quite excited about today's card, mostly because it's something different for me and I found a unique material to use on my card from the most unexpected place. I've been following all the Go-to-Sketches promotions this week with PaperCrafts and have been eying a sketch by Maren Benedict ever since it popped up on the PC Connection Blog on March 22nd. I've seen it a couple of times since then and I've really wanted to make a card using that sketch, but didn't know what I wanted to put on it...until today.

Okay, I'll admit...I'm a sucker for trees. At work today, an order was being put out and I came across these new padded envelopes we are going to be selling. I picked one up to take a peek at it and immediately noticed that the bubble wrap lining the envelope was green! Well my idea hit to make my tree top out of this green bubble wrap and I think the girls at work thought I lost my marbles because I came running up to the cash and said "Look! It's green! I can make a tree out of it for a card!" lol After that I spied the flap of a cardboard box and ripped it off with the idea that it would look perfect behind my bubble wrap tree :)

So.......this is what Maren's sketch looks like :

And this is my funky bubble wrap tree card :


The parentheses are chipboard pieces covered in Real Red cardstock, stamped with white circles and embossed with white powder. I hand cut the tree top and trunk and the sentiment is a rub-on.



Here is a close-up of the tree. Originally I had wanted just the green bubble wrap by itself for the tree top, but trying to pull it off the envelope ended up ruining the bubble wrap so I left it intact.

Bubble Wrap Tree Card

Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Real Red, Chocolate Chip (SU)
Chipboard: Parentheses (Maya Road)
Stamps: A Good Egg (dots) (SU)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay
Embossing Powder: Winter White (SU)
Button: Red (Doodlebug Designs)
Rub-On: Cheery Chat (SU)
Punch: Ticket Corner (SU)
Other: Big Shot texture plate, cardboard, bubble wrap, pop up dots

Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping! :)

P.S...I won't be posting for a few day because I'm headed off to a 3 day scrapbooking/card making retreat, but I'll have lots to post when I get back!

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! That is amazing! Love your take on Maren's sketch -- you rock! (Have fun on your retreat!)--Kimmers

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...