Saturday, April 17, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC25

Well I've finally got the art room under control so I can squeeze in some challenges this weekend. The challenge this week over at the Play Date Cafe is to use black and white with a "pop" of colour, which is orange! Here is the inspiration photo...



I finally got my hands on the Medallion stamp form Stampin' Up! and thought it would be perfect for this challenge with a little orange in the center. Here is what I came up with...

I embossed the medallion with black embossing powder and popped it up off the white background. It's hard to tell in the photo, but the white background is embossed with a damask texture. The word is a rub-on by Stampin' Up! as well.

And here is a close-up of the center...


The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch and I added some dazzling diamond glitter to it to add a little sparkle. The orange rhinestone stickers are from Me & My Big Ideas.

Thanks for stopping by and I may just squeeze in another post later tonight :)

8 comments:

  1. The butterfly looks wonderful as your splash of color in the center of the Medallion. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Love that medallion stamp and you have used it beautifully. Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the way you've used that medallion stamp, lovely! Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful, love especially the embossing. It looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER cute--love that butterfly and gems! Great splash:) Thanks for playing with the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, Julie! The embossing is just fabulous.. Thanks for playing with the PDCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're right, this medallion is perfect for the challenge :) Thanks for choosing the play date colours to work with.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...