Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fabric Monogram

Over at Moxie Fab World, they're hosting a challenge called "Fun with Fabric". The challenge is to use fabric in an innovative way on a project. As much as I wanted to make a flower out of fabric, I forced myself to come up with something I haven't seen yet, well something that I think I haven't seen yet lol. For my card I applied fabric right to a chipboard letter and used it as a monogram.

My other addition of fabric is the ruffled border that I hand stitched to the card base (I really need to invest in a sewing machine) I was going to put big fabric covered brads in the corners, but it was fabric overload, so I opted for the pearl brads instead. It's somewhat hard to see in the photo but the green piece is embossed with a paisley pattern.

Fabric Monogram Card
Cardstock: (kraft, old olive, cameo coral) SU
Chipboard: Maya Road
Brads: (pearl) Making Memories
Stickers: (pearls, rhinestone) Martha Stewart Crafts
Butterfly: SU! die
Other: thread, fabric, (3D dots) EK Success

Thanks for stopping by :)

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love your use of the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie! Thanks for entering the Fun with Fabric challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...