Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Finally Back

So it's been a while...a long while. Time has just slipped away from me. It seems I have done nothing but pack and unpack my car with stamping and scrapping supplies to go to the many workshops and crop days and the ones I've taught. Anyways, I'm going to back track to May 1st which was National Scrapbooking Day and I actually attended an all day crop. I used to scrapbook all the time and then I fell back into a card groove. So there I was on National Scrapbooking day, with 425 photos and my goal was to start and finish an album with all of those pictures for a christmas present for my sister-in-law. HA! (I don't know what I was thinking) Having not scrapbooked since November 2006 I spent the first hour just staring at my piece of cardstock wondering what to do. I finally got in the groove and 7 hours later I had completed 2 pages! :)

I was happy with my two pages and couldn't figure why on earth I thought I'd be able to complete a whole album in 7 hours lol. Here is the layout that I did...


The picture isn't the greatest, but you get the idea.

Here is a close up of my chipboard word that I really liked and my ballerina dress that I made by hand. And yes that "2009" is blotchy and I have to fix it, there's a story that goes along with that too.



I brought my layout to work to show my mom after wards and left it on the front seat of my car. It was a hot and humid day, so I popped my sunroof up at lunch time to get some air circulating in my car. That afternoon the sky's opened up and it poured. I remembered my sun roof and ran out to close it and relaized where I had left my layout. It was soaked! I could have cried, there were water spots all over the pictures, the paper was wet, etc. However when I went back out later to get something out of my car it had dried perfectly all except for the 2009. I even liked what the rain had done to my chipboard letters, the raindrops ended up giving the ink a mottled look.

So the moral of the story is always put your pages in page protectors or leave your sunroof alone. :)

Thanks for stopping by, hopefully I will be back to a regular blogging schedule this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...