Monday, May 17, 2010

Phone Book Challenge

Last week over at the PaperCrafts Connection website, Go-to-Gal Jessica Witty posted a Phone Book Challenge, you can get the details by clicking here. Now Jessica said to use an old phone book, but I didn't have any old ones, so I just chose a couple of pages which I figured I'd never call anybody from for my project. And what fun this challenge was! I have a thing for trees so of course I had to make a phone book tree! I paired my phone booky items with products from the Earth Love collection by Cosmo Cricket and I must say I rather like it.

I ran my phone book mat through the printer and printed the words Reduce, Reuse and Recycle and then chose matching ink colors to ink over the text.

Remember that technique we use to do in grade school with the tissue paper wrapped around a pencil eraser, dab it in glue and then fill in the space? This is exactly how I made my tree with pieces of the phone book. I sponged some green on after it was all glued down to give it some color.

Phone Book Tree Card
Cardstock: (kraft, chocolate chip) Stampin' Up!
Designer Paper: (earth love mini deck) Cosmo Cricket
Ink: (ruby red, sage shadow, so saffron, certainly celery) Stampin' Up!
Fiber: (natural/hemp twine) Stampin' Up!
Rub-Ons: (flowers/earth love collection) Cosmo Cricket
Other: pages of phone book, (3D dots) EK Success, (staples) Making Memories

Thanks for stopping by and happy phone book tearing! :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG! How awesome! I forgot all about that technique! You just took me back to my childhood! Double thumbs up to you :) Thanks so much for sharing! I am definitely going to have to do this!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...