Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stars & Stripes in The Shabby Tea Room

Whoo-hoo! I've finally finished a challenge way before the deadline lol.
I've had this pattern for awhile, and when I saw the challenge in The Shabby Tea Room this week, I knew I had to make it again! I'm a Canuck girl at heart, but who doesn't love this trio of colours and stars and stripes?!
The background is a transparency with parts of the Declaration of Independence printed on it and it is sewed onto the card base. The statue of liberty is hand drawn (it was really hard to find a colour of cardstock that resembled the statue colour). The stars are pewter eyelets, of course there wasn't enough room for all the stars.

Here's a close up of lady liberty. I used red stickles for her torch.

God Bless USA Card
Cardstock: SU and unknown source
Ribbon: SU
Stickers: Creative Memories
Star Eyelets: Making Memories
Other: Transparency, thread, black felt tip pen

Thanks for stopping by and happy card making!

3 comments:

  1. How clever sewing the transparency onto the DSP! What a wonderful card! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You drew the Statue of Liberty? OMGoodness! How fabulous this is!
    Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Excellent Statue of Liberty! Love the transparency effect. Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...