Wednesday, June 16, 2010

DIY Flower

Phew...I finally have a few minutes to update my blog. This is a card I made for a co-worker using a do-it-yourself embellishment, which is the white flower.

I picked up this neat little technique at a Stampin' Up! workshop and it is so simple! First of all you need either a punch or die that is either a flower shape or a circular shape (something with an edge design works best like a scallop). Cut or punch five shapes in whatever colour cardstock. Quickly dip each shape in water, just enough to moisten it so it is pliable. Scrunch or fold each shape up like a closed petal, flatten back out and punch a hole in the center of each of the five shapes. Using a brad, adhere all five shapes together through the hole and scrunch your shapes up until you are happy with the flower shape. To keep your flower's shape, use a heat gun to dry it quickly. You can add glitter to the flower after it's hard to give it some sparkle too.

Here's a close up of my flower, I haven't decided if it reminds me of a rose or a lotus flower:)



Happy Birthday Card

Cardstock: (whisper white,kraft, baja breeze, river rock) Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: (green tea) Stampin' Up!
Ribbon: Stampin' Up!
Rub-On: (chit chat) Stampin' Up!
Butterfly: (beautiful wings embosslits) Sizzix
Rhinestone Stickers: (icons) Me & My Big Ideas

Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...