Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Prom Project

Its been a busy end of the month...it seems lately there has been something going on every evening after work, so I've had little time to spend in my art room. The project I'm sharing today is a non-card project for once. My daughter's junior prom is tomorrow night and she wanted to buy new shoes, but I know she always kicks her shoes off 5 minutes into a dance so I offered to bling up her flip flops. Her dress is just a simple black sundress and she has a white cover up to go over it. Here is what I did with her black Airwalk flip flops.


I hotfixed Swarovski crystals in the colours teal, tanazite and peridot in varying sizes on the straps. The flowers are Prima flowers with a large rhinestone sticker in the middle. I also put together a new necklace for her that matches. The pendant is from bead gallery, the chain is from Lost & Found and the extender and clasp are sterling silver. It's a temporary necklace so I'll probably make it into something more elaborate when I get it back :)

Here's a close up of one the flip flops.


Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...