Thursday, August 12, 2010

Christmas in July...a few weeks late

This week I decided to enter some crafts in our local exhibition and one of the categories was right up my alley...Christmas ornaments! The category is for three ornaments not more than 4.5" in size. I wanted to use up some of my scraps, so I made all of the ornaments out of paper.


The one on the left was made using a small styrofoam ball as the base. I punched two flower sizes in contrasting colours using the Boho Blossoms punch from Stampin' up! The centers are small Swarovski pearls held on with a stick pin. This technique is the same one I used for my floral topiary, to see that click here. The second ornament was a bit more complex :) It is called a sonobe origami ornament and there is a great tutorial at Splitcoststampers that you can find here. Their version uses 30 pieces to make it, but I adapted mine to a smaller version using only 12 pieces.

The last ornament was my favorite and probably the easiest out of the three.

This ornament is called a double ball and you can find another great tutorial at Splitcoaststampers found here. I switched mine a bit and put the small ball on top and opted for a Swarovski crystal to give it some extra sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...