Tuesday, August 3, 2010

PDCC40 - Splash of Green

This week's challenge over at the Play Date Cafe is a Splash of Colour challenge which basically means a black and white card with a hint of colour, and this time around it's green! Here is the sample photo you will find on their site:


Here is what I came up with for the challenge and getting a good picture seemed to be a challenge in itself! I'll blame it on the ho-hum lighting in my art room instead of the photographer this time around :)

The paper is from Stampin' Up! and mostly everything else with the exception of the stickers, rhinestones and stick pins. It's hard to tell in the picture but the rhinestones are peridot. I think the sticker letters wouldn't focus that well because of the white ink I stamped in behind them. I made the sticks pins by taking a pin and gluing a white freshwater pearl to the ends. Here is a close up of the pins:


Thanks Card (all supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)

Cardstock: Basic Black
Patterned Paper: Night & Day
Ink: Whisper White
Ribbon: Basic Black Satin
Rhinestones: (Peridot) Me & My Big Ideas
Stickers: (Shimmer Alpha Black) Making Memories
Other: Stick pins, freshwater pearls

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely TU card, great splashes of green. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is awesome! You should also enter it in Really Reasonable Ribbon's "Black and White" challenge! You could win a $10 gift certificate!
    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOOW! I love those pins--I must try this embellie sometime! I just love how it adds that touch of elegance:) Beautiful card! Great job at our color challenge;) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely elegant design. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...