Tuesday, August 10, 2010

PDCC41-Italian Style

Another Play Date Cafe challenge has arrived and this week it is based on the photo below:


When I first caught a glimpse of the colour palette I automatically thought of fall, high suns, geese and fields of corn ( I know, totally different than what the picture depicts). So that is what I went with.


I decided to dig out my brayer and give that technique a whirl again for this card. To make the sun, I cut a circle from a post it note and stuck it on my piece of white before I brayered on my two colours. I didn't have any corn or wheat stamps, so I used a stamp from the "Pocket Silhouettes" by Stampin' Up! instead; they were stamped with Really Rust. I had tried white ink on my trial piece first, but it didn't stand out like I wanted it to. I thought for sure I would of had a bird stamp in my collection, but no such luck, I ended up drawing those little critters. The sentiment is a rub-on from Stampin' Up! as well.

Lately I've been on a DIY embellie kick, my latest craze being stick pins. I have so many beads (enough to sink a large ship lol) I figure I best start using them up! Here is a close up of the stick pins:
They're really simple to make. With these ones, I just selected beads that went with the colour scheme, dipped the pin ends in a little bit of crystal effects, slid the beads into place and then let them dry completely before handling.

Bless Your Home Card (all supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)

Cardstock: Whisper White, Really Rust
Ink: Really Rust, More Mustard
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
Ribbon: Whisper White Satin
Rub-On: Autumn Days
Diecut: Top Note
Embossing Texture: Distressed
Other: Stick pins, Beads, Pop Up Dots

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!

9 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Love the hand drawn birds too!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colours are just perfect Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love the scene that you created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful brayered background! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, and background, it looks perfect! Love your handmade embellishments too, definately worth the trouble you went to, they're gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely interpretation of the colors for this week's challenge at The Play Date Cafe...LoVe it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous!!! Love the brayering. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, this is so pretty. I love the shading of the color. Stunning. Congrats on "The cream in our coffee".

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...