Tuesday, August 17, 2010

PDCC42 + 2 extra challenges

Ever get to the point you have so much "stuff" that you don't know what you own? *sigh* I'm guilty of being one of those people that buys faster than I can use :) So along with the challenge at the Play Date Cafe, I also challenged myself two other ways. 1) I had to pick something off my peg board that has been sitting there forever and 2) the card could take no more than 10 minutes (yikes!) I knew my colors had to be green, dark brown and beige so I started sifting through the pile of "stuff" on my peg board and I found something I forgot I had (go figure!) I found a whole sheet of this pretty glittered bird stickers by Martha Stewart Crafts and just my luck, one was green with brown and beige :) I tried the 10 minute challenge, came close, but was over by 3 minutes because of the bow. I love bows, but I don't quite have the technique down where you get that "perfect knot lol. So....this is what I came up with:


Birdie Hello Card

Cardstock: (Chocolate Chip) Stampin' Up!, (Champagne Frost) Bazzill
Ribbon: (Satin Chocolate Chip) Stampin' Up!
Rub-On: Stampin' Up!
Texture Plate: (Big Dots) Sizzix exclusive Stampin' Up!
Punch: (Scallop Border) Stampin' Up!
Other: Stitching Tool

Thanks for looking and why not challenge yourself to use something you've had forever ;)

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Julie! Love all the brown.. Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely glittery bird. Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely glittery bird. Great use of the brown on brown - wonderful design! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off--I LOOOOOOOOVE that ribbon! So lush! LOVE IT! Second--I LOOOOOOVE that glittered bird:) ACK--so fun!! Third--I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this card:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute I love the little bird!! You rock!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...