Wednesday, August 25, 2010

PDCC43 & The Scrap Pile

My scrap pile has gotten so large that I needed a drawer just to fit it all, and the bigger it gets, the more I wonder what to do with it all. Sometimes it's very tempting to just "toss" it all, but there are so many cute odds and ends in the pile. So my challenge for myself this week is to make my cards with items only from the "scrap" pile. This week at the Play Date Cafe there is a great colour combo featuring this inspirational photo:


It took a while, but I managed to find little odds and ends with all three colors. My best find was a slew of rhinestone sticker sheets that were half used. My card this week is very simple.

Lots of white space for this one. I found a canvas scallop circle in my pile and inked it up with some Certainly Celery. The "hi" is chipboard letters, covered in cardstock that was run through my big shot machine with a checkered texture. Of course I've been on a stick pin craze and made a little one to go with this card too, and I confess, I strayed from the scrap pile to find some beads :)

Simple Hi Card

Cardstock: (whisper white, tempting turquoise) Stampin' Up!
Canvas tag: Stampin' Up!
Ink: (certainly celery, whisper white) Stampin' Up!
Rhinestone stickers: Me & My Big Ideas
Other: Stick pin, beads, scallop punch, big shot texture plate

Thanks for stopping by :)

4 comments:

  1. Cute, love the added stick pin embellishment! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY--those gems are so fun! I love how you used our color story with this card--beautifully done:) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely CAS creation, Julie! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute clean design. Love the bling! Glad you joined us this week at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...