Thursday, September 23, 2010

An experiment in alcohol inks

So I've found something that I have never tried yet--alcohol inks. Next to my Stampin' Up! stuff I'm a big fan of the Tim Holtz line. I have acquired an array of the products but have never used them yet (I'm very guilty for buying stuff just cuz it's pretty) lol. Or perhaps I've just been a little afraid to delve into an unknown territory! Tonight was the night I decided to give the alcohol inks a whirl and I found a great tutorial on Splitcoaststampers...yeah...looked real easy, but the actual doing was a whole different ball game. This is definitely a technique I'm going to have to practice a lot! In my many attempts I discovered that a lot of ink on that felt piece is overload, the mixatives aren't really all that easy to mix and too much blending solution and your back to white paper:) Well, after many tries and a mess, I managed to get a circle out of the whole thing that I wasn't too unhappy with. I used that circle as a focal point on my card and this is what I came up with:



I got the great idea to sand over top of the inks after it dried...yeah not such a bright idea lol I ended up sanding away all my metallic veins. I'd love to hear some tips or tricks on how to use the alcohol inks, so drop me a line if you have any words of wisdom to impart :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...