Thursday, September 2, 2010

Moxie Fab Trigger Tuesday - Light & Bright

Over at Moxie Fab World they're having a 2 week long challenge based on this beautiful photograph:

What inspired me about this photo was all that "airy" white paired with the three bright colours. I've seen numerous blogs and posts from PaperCrafts and other sources on pleating and ribbon flowers lately, so I decided to give both these techniques a whirl. Here is the card I came up with:


For this card, I picked a plain white background and then added the three colours Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo. The ribbon strips are hand stitched on and each ribbon strip ends with a rolled ribbon flower (what a time getting those to stay together!) The "hi" is an alphabet stamp set from Stampin' Up! that I used the stamp kissing technique with. I first stamped the letters with Bermuda Bay and then took a polka dot background stamp and inked that up with some white, stamped it on top of the Bermuda Bay and then stamped it on the cardstock. I cut the letters out and popped them up to give it more dimension. Here is a closeup of the sentiment:

Light & Bright Card (all supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)

Cardstock: Whisper White
Ribbon: Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry & Melon Mambo Grosgrain Polka Dot
Stamps: Big Deal Alphabet & polka dot (unknown)
Rhinestone Stickers: Bo Bunny & Me & My Big Ideas
Other: White thread

Thanks for stopping by! :)

4 comments:

  1. Such a clever take on the Trigger! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new Blog look, very pretty!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, this is such a creative card for this challenge! Love the ribbon flowers too (you have waaay more patience than I do :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie! What a unique approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...