Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge

I had originally planned to submit this card for the PaperCrafts baby call and then totally forgot about it, so I decided to enter it in the Offset Scallop Gallop challenge over at Moxie Fab World instead because I actually put some offset scallops on it without even realizing it :)


There are two things about this card that were very different for me. 1) I used a colour scheme that I've never attempted before and 2) I used a very graphic/modern element for a baby card, well graphic/modern for me. The main image is from the Little Sprout Collection by Crate Paper and I'm pretty sure the image is of 3 trees, but please correct me if I'm wrong :) The three scalloped borders along the bottom are embossed with a tiny polka dot texture which is kind of hard to see in the picture. The toadstools are also a rub-on from the same collection and of course a baby card wouldn't be complete without a bow! lol

Welcome Baby Card

Cardstock: (Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi & Early Espresso) Stampin' Up!
Ribbon: (Wild Wasabi) Stampin' Up!
Run-Ons: (Little Sprout Collection) Crate Paper
Ink: (Early Espresso) Stampin' Up!
Punches: (Scallop Border) Stampin' Up! (Circle) Creative Memories
Texture Plate: (Small Dots) Sizzzix

Thanks for looking and happy scallop challenge!

3 comments:

  1. It's great to see a baby card in alternative colours to those traditionally used and this is just fabulous, so modern and striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great unique baby card! I love the color combo and those little toadstools :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie! Thanks for entering the Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...