Tuesday, September 7, 2010

PDCC45 with Julie Ranae

I almost sat this challenge out because the colour combo stumped me...I have a hard time being inspired by the colour mustard. Yellows of any colour just aren't my favorite, but I couldn't pass up the challenge because I am officially addicted to the Play Date Cafe. Anyhoo, here is the inspirational photo:


I really liked the barrel in this photograph, especially in this colour scheme. Translating that into a card was a whole different story. I think I started and scraped 3 different cards before I ended up with something I liked. Not to mention I really had to do some digging to find anything with the colour mustard in it (I think I used my last scrap of cardstock in mustard for the Colour Horribilis challenge hehe). And as I sit here typing this I'm looking at my bulletin board of materials and staring back at me are mustard coloured Prima roses! oops :)
Well, here is my card:


  Friends Forever Card

Cardstock: (Purely Pomegranate, Kraft) Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: (Indian Summer) Basic Grey
Ink: (Purely Pomegranate) Stampin' Up!
Ribbon: (Purely Pomegranate Satin) Stampin' Up!
Brads: (Indian Summer) Basic Grey
Rub-On: Stampin' Up!

Thanks for looking! :)

11 comments:

  1. Doesn't look like you were stumped too long! This is gorgeous! Love your grid and the papers and images. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie, keep some more mustard in stock as this card is GORGEOUS! I would have NEVER guessed that this card took you so long as it is pure elegance! That bow is so rich and classy and the rest of your card follows suit. PLEASE don't ever second guess yourself, this is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning use of this weeks colors with the wonderful BG papers and your great design! Glad you decided to join us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love the squares design, and I used that PP c/s and ribbon too...don't ya just love it?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You carried out that color combo perfectly! The squares are a neat look and you picked out the best patterns/colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yellows don't do it for me either but this is fabulous! So glad you persevered with the colours :) Thanks for playing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY--this card is just STUNNING!! These papers are perfect for this color combo--and that ribbon! LUSH! I love the brad and ribbon bow too! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT:} Thanks for playing along and joining us in the fun over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Great job with the colours! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your win! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...