Tuesday, September 14, 2010

PDCC46 - Colour Splash with Julie Ranae

I didn't think I'd find time to make a card for this week due to an 8 day stretch at work, but when I first saw the inspirational photo over at the Play Date Cafe this week, I knew I wanted to use the colour copper and do something in a "antique/vintage" style.
I dug out all Stampin' Up! supplies for this one except for the copper embossing powder. I really wanted to try out the new Artistic Etchings stamp set and pair it with my other fave stamp, the Medallion. Here is what I came up with:


The large medallion was stamped in Basic Black and then I brushed some copper pearl-ex over the image to give it a bit of glimmer. The text stamp was stamped over top and then I cut the whole image into four squares. It's hard to see in the photo, but the black background is embossed with a harlequin texture.


For the copper medallion in the center, I layered 4 or 5 layers of copper embossing powder on a black piece of cardstock. When the powder was still warm, I stamped the image in it and then punched it out with a circle punch. The brad in the center is one of the new antique decorative brads from Stampin' Up!

Vintage/Antique Medallion Card (all supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)

Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Versamark
Embossing Powder: (Copper) Magenta
Stamps: Artistic Etchings, Medallion, French Script
Brad: Antique
Other: Super Copper Pearl Ex, Harlequin Texture Plate (Sizzix)

Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!

6 comments:

  1. Julie...this is GORGEOUS! So glad you were able to find time to play...our gallery feels more 'complete' now : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW...you did an AMAZING job with this challenge! I love how you made the medallion look like it's on tiles! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning use of this weeks colors, fab design! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning, wonderful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my, this is stunningly elegant! Love that copper medallion in the middle adorned with that lovely brad! Spectacular! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO PRETTY! Love that copper medallion--and how you split it! LOVE it:) Thanks for playing along with us and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...