Tuesday, September 21, 2010

PDCC47 with Sarah Anderson

A Tuesday evening isn't quite complete without playing along with the latest challenge over at the Play Date Cafe. This week's challenge is based on this inspirational photo and yummy colour scheme.


And seeing how today is World Gratitude Day I used the word "gratitude" for my sentiment. Being short on time, I made this into a 10 minute card and dug everything from either my scrap bin or my odds and ends pile. I'm amazed at how many leftover rub-ons I have kicking around :) Anyways, here is what I came up with:

I used the Artistic Etchings stamp set again this week and stamped the medallion stamp on the 3 different colours of cardstock, punched out the image in a square and then rounded opposite corners. I stamped the medallion image once more on the white cardstock and then aligned my punched squares over top. The sentiment is a rub-on word that I cut in half to get it to fit (this square is popped up) and then I finished it off with 3 black brads along the bottom.

Gratitude Card (all supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)

Cardstock: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Garden Green & Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Stamps: Artistic Etchings
Rub On: Making Memories
Brads: Making Memories
Other: Corner Rounder & Pop Dots

Thanks for looking and Happy Gratitude Day!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful use of your scrap bin, great CAS design. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely clean design! Great stamped image at the center. Thanks for playing along with me at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this clean look--I love all that white space...but I love how you stamped that image on those colored pieces and put them together--so clever! BEAUTIFULLY done:) So glad you joined in the fun this week--THANKS so much for playing along with us at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! You had some great creative ideas and turned them into a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice clean design. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love how clean and simple it is! Thanks for playing along at the cafe :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...