Monday, September 6, 2010

The Decor to Make the Season Bright Challenge

This is a Christmas decor item I made in August that I entered in our local craft fair competition and that I put in the "Decor to Make the Season Bright" Challenge over at Moxie Fab World (don't know if entering it is legit where I made it a month before the challenge was announced though lol)  It's a twist on the advent calendars I've seen kicking around on the web that use a canvas board. I made mine using a picture frame that matches the rest of my framed photos in my living room. It was a time consuming project, but it was fun and I love the end result, now I just have to figure out what to stuff in the tiny tins:)





Thanks for stopping by and happy Christmas decor making!

















2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love the incredible sparkle - hard to capture that in a photo, but you totally managed :) And I love the patchwork effect, and the teeny tins...gorgeous! Good luck in the contest :) (fwiw, I think it counts!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie! Thanks for entering the Holiday Cards & More Week Decor to Make the Season Bright challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...