Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Another PDCC50

Okay, I really liked the colour combo at the Play Date Cafe and I was in a Christmas mood...so, I went on to make some mini gift cards. Here is the photograph again just in case you missed my other post.


Again, I went with simple and whipped up these three 3"x3" mini cards in just under 15 minutes.


The Christmas tree trio is a stencil I found kicking around and I basically traced the trees and scribbled them in with ink topping them off with a rhinestone for a star. The snowflake card first turned out to be a mistake. I had originally used a snowflake embossing folder on the whole card front, but found it too busy for the tiny card. In the end I dug out one of my snowflake punches, punched a snowflake from the pattern, inked it with the cameo coral and used it as focal point on a new card. The stitched circle is another stencil I found. The house card is a stamp form the Good Neighbors stamp set from Stampin' Up! It's not very clear in the picture, but I covered a section just below the house and on the roof with crystal glitter to try to make it look like snow.

Thanks for looking again and happy stamping!


Mini Christmas Trio

Cardstock: (Whisper White) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Good Neighbors, Merry Messages & Many Merry Messages) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Garden Green, Cameo Coral & Chocolate Chip) Stampin' Up!
Rhinestones: Me & My Big Ideas
Glitter: (Crystal Fine) Martha Stewart Crafts
Punch: (Snowflake) EK Success
Other: (Snowflakes Embossing Folder) Cuttlebug, stencils

3 comments:

  1. Cute 3"x3" card, the subtle embossing on the snowflake looks wonderful. Thanks again for joining us at the PDCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW--15 minutes! SO awesome:) Must give this a go! So cute--all three!! I love that first card the most--I'm in love with house stamps/images!! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are FaB! I wasn't quick enough to pick up any 3x3 cards and envelopes at the show I was at on Saturday but they are a size I'm definitely going to work with. These are beautifully designed. Glad you liked the colours so much to play again in the cafe :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...