Tuesday, October 19, 2010

PDCC51 with Sarah Anderson

I did something today that I rarely do...combine 2 challenges. This week over at the Play Date Cafe there's a nice, soft palette of colours to work with based on this photograph.

Aside from the beige, the pale blue and minty green make me think of icy things like snowflakes, so I had to do a wintry card. I also combined this challenge with the Mojo Monday sketch #161 for this week which looks like this:

Here is what I came with.


I purchased the new "Northern Flurry" embossing folder from Stampin' Up! and decided to try it out. After I embossed the snowflakes I sponged Basic Gray ink over them and then sanded the ink off the raised parts (it's kind of hard to tell in the photo). I couldn't find a minty coloured green in my Stampin' Up! stash so I used some Bazzill Basics colours I had kicking around, which I have no clue what the colour names are :) Now I have to switch gears and get started on my Hallowe'en cards!

Mint Snowflake Card
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, (Crumb Cake) Stampin' Up!
Punch: EK Success
Stamps: (Many Merry Messages, French Script) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Basic Gray) Stampin' Up!
Rhinestone Border: Close to My Heart
Snowflake Charm: Making Memories
Ribbon: (Whisper White satin) Stampin' Up!
Embossing Folder: (Northern Flurry) Sizzix

Thanks for stopping by and happy card making!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderfully festive and great job with the sketch! Love that beautiful satin bow and the great embossing! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is a beautiful blinged tag! Great card--Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This project is so very pretty! Did you know that it's time for another challenge at Papercraft Star and we hope that you will consider using your creative talents to join us for our "Thank You" theme! We are currently accepting applications for our Design Team too and It's also not too late to sign up for our $25.00 gift certificate drawing! Hope you visit us today! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty holiday card, wonderful embossed snowflake and tag. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous embossed snowflake, and love the way you picked up the design in the snowflake on the embellishment on the ribbon. Thanks for playing along in the 'cafe' :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful embossed snowflake. Love how you interpreted the sketch. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...