Monday, October 25, 2010

PPA65 - Bring on the Bling!

After surfing the internet for a while, I stumbled across this blog called Pals Paper Arts with a great shot of Marilyn Munroe with lots of bling :) I didn't realize that there were challenges going on here, so I decided to play along with the latest challenge. I've been using my "Delightful Decorations" stamp set from Stampin' Up! this week for Christmas cards and was inspired to try a simple style with a little bit of bling! Here is what I came up with:


This was almost a 10 minute card if it wasn't for the embossing. I really like the 10 minute rule for cards because you can get a lot of cards done in a couple of hours. Jessica Witty, one of the PaperCrafts go-to-gals has great cards on her blog that use the 10 minute rule. Anyways, for this card I stamped the ornament with versamark and then embossed with silver detail embossing powder. The "joy" sentiment was coloured in with a Real Red marker from Stampin' Up! A few rhinestones on the ornament, some for the string, a red satin bow to finish it off and voila!...a 12 minute card :)

Here is a close up of the ornament:



Silver Ornament Card (All supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)
Cardstock: Whisper White
Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Ink: Real Red
Ribbon: Real Red Satin
Embossing Powder: (Silver Detail) Inkadinkadoo
Rhinestones: Me & My Big Ideas
Other: Pop Dots, Corner Rounder

Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. This ornament is just beautiful embossed in silver with such a fancy chain! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...