Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's all about the weather!

In my blog browsing, I stumbled across this blog called Stampin' Sisters in Christ and what a great way to learn some scripture. I'll admit, I'm horrible at memorizing scripture, but perhaps now that I can equate it something I love (cardmaking) perhaps I'll remember more :) Challenge #64 this week is based on the scripture verse Isaiah 55:10-11, which reads: "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty without accomplishing what I desire and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it."
The challenge is to make a card that depicts any type of weather. Here is what I came up with:


 I guess I have a whole lot of weather going on in this card lol all's I need is a little snow and maybe a tornado to finish it off :) I stepped away from stamping and rub-ons and pretty much everything else I usually use and decided to go with a hand drawn card. Everything was going smoothly until I got to those raindrops and had to cut them out...yikes! I cut out all my shapes first, coloured or shaded where appropriate and then outlined all my images with a fine tip black felt pen. The borders and font are my own as well. The center of the sun is corduroy brad from Stampin' Up! and the rhinestones are stickers from Me & My Big Ideas.


Weather Card

Cardstock: (Crumb Cake, Whisper White) Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: Unknown source
Ribbon: Unknown source
Brad: Stampin' Up!
Rhinestone Stickers: Me & My Big Ideas
Other: Prismacolor pencils, black felt tip pen, pop dots

Thanks for stopping by!   

2 comments:

  1. Julie how creative of you! This is just perfect for this challenge. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing, so creative and colourful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...