Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pals Paper Arts - CAS with ribbon or fabric

This week's challenge over at Pals Paper Arts is all about a CAS card that showcases ribbon! I've been on a butterfly kick and decided to make another butterfly card using the ink colour that seems to be popping up in a lot of my cards lately...Baja Breeze :)

Here is what I came up with:


This card was soooo simple to make, and it would have been under the 10 minute mark if it hadn't been for the cutting. I stamped one of the butterfly images from the set "Butterfly Prints" from Stampin' Up! in Baja Breeze about as centered as I could get (without actually measuring) on a Whisper White cardstock base. I then opened the card up and cut around the edge of the image with an xacto knife (don't cut completely around or you'll lose your butterfly). The cut wings are pulled forward a bit to give it depth and I used 3 different size pearl stickers for the body. I used the "Tiny Teacup" stamp for the sentiment underneath the image. The finishing touch was thick, double stitched grosgrain ribbon in the matching colour tied in a knot and adhered with a glue dot.

Baja Butterfly Card (all supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)

Cardstock: Whisper White
Stamps: Tiny Teacup, Butterfly Prints
Ink: Baja Breeze, Basic Black
Ribbon: Baja Breeze double stitched grosgrain
Stickers: Basic Pearls
Tools: xacto knife, corner rounder, glue dot

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

2 comments:

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...