Wednesday, November 24, 2010

PDCC56 - Player Appreciation Week

Phew! I didn't think I'd get a chance to play today with the Play Date Cafe challenge, but I managed to set aside thirty minutes and was able to whip up two CAS cards today. This week's inspirational photo is absolutely GORGEOUS! 1) It makes me want a framed print of this on my wall in my art room and 2) It reminds me I only have to wait 3 more days until I get my new camera (no more unclear or dark blog post pics whoo-hoo!) Anyways, take a gander at this photo:


 And not only is the photo fab, but there's THREE sponsors for this week's challenge; E.A.D. Designs, Discount Cardstock and Wilson Designs! So for this challenge I went with CAS and came up with these wintry little mittens.


Unfortunately my soon to be old camera does not seem to like the reflection of glitter and despises the colour turquoise. I assure you those mittens look more turquoise than what the photograph shows. Hopefully my new Nikon will agree to a wider array of colour choices :) For this card I embossed the base with a dot background from Stampin' Up! and then popped another white piece up off the front. The mittens are die cut with a sizzix die and covered with tacky tape so the pretty blue turquoise glitter would stick. Mini buttons in the colour of old olive were adhered to the cuffs and the cuffs were outlined with frosted lace stickles. I used red embroidery thread to attach the mittens together and then looped them over a piece white baby yarn for the clothesline (this is where I started kicking myself for not ordering that red/white bakers twine I saw online). The sentiment is stamped in real red ink. It's a little hard to see in the photo, but the edge of the inner panel is outlined in old olive and the outer edge of the card base is outlined in real red.

Winter Mittens Card

Cardstock: (Whisper White, Real Red) Stampin' Up!
Stamp: Hero Arts
Ink: (Old Olive, Real Red) Stampin' Up!
Buttons: (Old Olive) Stampin' Up!
Embossing Folder: (Dots) Stampin' Up!
Die: (Mittens) Sizzix
Glitter: (Turquoise) Stampin' Up! (Frosted Lace) Stickles
Other: embroidery floss, baby yarn, foam squares, corner rounder

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Cute, love the glittery mittens! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH! I just love love love these glittered mittens! I want a pair now:) Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!! We appreciate and love our players:}

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...