Wednesday, December 1, 2010

PDCC57 with Sarah Anderson

Over at the Play Date Cafe this week, the colour challenge is...well, a challenge :) I almost skipped this one because I couldn't figure out what to do with brown, silver and grey. I just couldn't bring myself to skip a challenge and played along at the last minute! Here is what the inspirational photo looks like:


I was stumped for most of the day and I had been working on Christmas cards and such most of the day and figured there had to be a way to incorporate these colors into a winter or Christmas card. I dug out a favorite item of mine, my brayer and thought I'd do another version of the stand alone tree inspired by Michelle Zindorf's card (the card tutorial for that particular image doesn't appear to be working on her blog). Here is what I came up with:

The card base is actually Early Espresso, which is kind of hard to see in the photo. The tree is stamped in the same colour. The background was brayed using Going Gray and Basic Gray. The silver is a Ten Seconds Studio metal tape sheet that I ran through my big shot with a swirl embossing folder. I found some matching velvet gray ribbon and used a large silver brad covered in rhinestones and brown pearls for an embellishment. I couldn't resist not having one smidgen of colour amongst all that brown, silver and gray, so I popped a little red birdie on one of the branches.

Lonely Tree

Cardstock: (Early Espresso, Whisper White) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Early Espresso, Going Gray, Basic Gray, Cherry Cobbler) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Branch Out) Stampin' Up!
Brad: Stampin' Up!
Stickers: (Basic Rhinestones) Stampin' Up! (Mocha Pearls) Close to my Heart
Tape Metal: Ten Seconds Studio
Ribbon: (Basic Gray Velvet) Stampin' Up!
Embossing Folder: (Swirls) Cuttlebug
Other: pop dots, white gel pen, post-it notes, brayer, sponge

Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful holiday card, the brayering looks wonderful, as wel as the embossed panel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! What a pretty holiday card--love that embossed panel and your pop of red! Clever:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tree, the brayering, the touch of colour, in fact I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well done you, I'm so glad you persevered with this week's colours, your card turned out brilliantly! Love that bare tree. Thanks so much for playing along in the play date cafe this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you decided to play along. Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS! The last entry on last week's list and what a way to finish! LOVE it! Sorry, I'm a bit late in getting around to comment on everyone's blogs, but thanks for playing along with us last week at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...