Monday, November 1, 2010

Tuesday Trigger -Sweater Weather

Oops! I realize the deadline has past for the Tuesday Trigger over at the Moxie Fab World, but I'm going to post this anyways. This was the lovely inspiration photo for last week's Tuesday Trigger:




I really liked the colour combo and the pattern on this sweater and immediately thought of the flowers my good friend Lisa crocheted for me that would look perfect with this colour combo. Here is what I came up with:


I first inked up an embossing folder with Crumb Cake ink and ran it through my Big Shot with the image indenting inwards. ( I never clued into this technique until I went to a stamp club last Friday). I pleated the Chocolate Chip paper and then tied some So Saffron ribbon over the bottom half of it. The button was sewed onto this gorgeous little flower and attached using a glue dot. The final touch was some strategically placed pearls on sections of the embossed part.

Sweater Weather Card (all supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)

Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip
Ribbon: So Saffron:
Ink: Crumb Cake
Flower: Handmade by Lisa
Button: So Saffron
Other: Embossing Folder (Sizzix), thread, glue dots

Thanks for stopping by and happy card making!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love that debossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful, so rich and full of texture and just the right bit of monochromatic color. I'm glad you posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunner. I love it!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, Julie...absolutely love it! So happy to be your #6 follower as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, your ability to take inspiration from a photo and make a perfect card is second to none, this really is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...