Tuesday, December 7, 2010

PDCC58 - Red & White

Nothing prettier than the classic colors of red & white at Christmas time. This week over at the Play Date Cafe there is another gorgeous inspirational photo to get your creative juices flowing, here is what it looks like:


 There are SOOOO many gorgeous inspirational ideas from the design team as well as tons and tons and tons of beautiful artwork in the gallery. I encourage you to stop over and take a peek, it's truly a lovely sight :) As the holiday crunch is in full swing, crafting time seems to get less and less, so I went for a CAS design this week. I wanted something edible on my card this time, so it would be a card and treat in one :) I had a slew of peppermint candies left over from the Christmas craft fair and decided to put some of them to good use. Here is what I came up with:


This card was super simple. I embossed the card base with a poinsettia embossing folder from Stampin' Up! and added a distressed piece of white on top. I stamped the sentiment in red and had originally drew a black box around the mints, but I didn't like it and changed it to a rhinestone border instead. The final touch was attaching three red & white peppermints to the inside of my sparkly box :)

Peppermint Card

Cardstock: (Real Red, Whisper White) Stampin' Up!
Rhinestone stickers: Stampin' Up!
Stamp: (Short & Sweet) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Real Red) Stampin' Up!
Embossing Folder: (Poinsettia) Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. What a super fun card!!!! LOVE it! It looks good enough to eat!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a clever idea for a card! And edible too :) Thanks for playing along in the cafe with us this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK--how cute is this? LOVE IT! I love the bling rectangle around the candies:) FABBBY! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and for playing along with us over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...