Tuesday, December 14, 2010

PDCC59 with Sarah Anderson

This week over at the Play Date Cafe, the colour challenge consists of one of my favorite color trios. I automatically think of winter when I look at these colors, so I came up with something along that line. Here is the awesome inspirational photo featuring artwork by Bonnie Rose.


For this challenge I used a technique I haven't done in a looonnggg time and it took me a while to find my white crayons :) Here is what my project ended up being and the best thing is, I can use it to wrap someone's gift this Christmas.




I first started with the tag, which was cut from a glossy white piece of cardstock. I drew my tress on the tag with the white crayon and then sponged the different inks for each tree and the background (the crayon resists the ink). I stamped the sentiment over the trees and them applied stickles in lavender and turquoise to the trees for some sparkle. I wasn't satisfied with just the tag, so I made a large panel to attach to the front of a white gift bag. The stamped sentiment on the large panel had a little accident when I didn't realize it was still wet, so there are a few half fingerprints of black here and there if you look close enough:) I hand stitched some whimsy snowflakes and their falling trail with metallic lavender embroidery floss on the large panel and three small snowflakes on the gift tag. I must say this was a fun project, but drawing on white cardstock with a white crayon is a bit tricky! I think I had a trial and error pile of about 6 tags before I was able to match my lines up for a tree shape lol

Holiday Gift Bag

Cardstock: (glossy white) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Elegant Eggplant, Brilliant Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black) Stampin' Up!
Stickles: (Lavender, Turquoise) Ranger
Stamps: (Joy to All) Hero Arts, (Holiday Button Bits) Papertrey Ink
Other: white crayon, metallic embroidery floss, satin ribbon, gift bag, tissue paper

Thanks for stopping and happy Christmas card making!

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely STUNNING! LOVE both the tag and the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at the play date cafe this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...