Wednesday, January 19, 2011

CARDS Challenge Blog - Butterflies

This week's challenge over at the Create Blog Cards Challenge is to make a card featuring BUTTERFLIES! I dug out everything I had related to butterflies, trying to figure out what I was going to make. First I had contemplated stamping, then paper piecing and I even found a big embossed butterfly coloured with markers in my "odds & ends" stash, but I rejected them all! I was thinking of stepping out of my card style comfort zone again and trying another shabby chic card, but I think I used up all that mojo on my Play Date Cafe entry this week :) So, back to simple lines for me. Here is what I came up with:


There's butterflies there, just very understated butterflies lol. I've been on a stick pin craze because they are soooo fun to make and I found these cute silver butterfly beads in my jewelry stash. I was in a pink and white mood today (I think I've been unconsciously thinking of making my valentine cards) so pink and white it was! The card base was embossed with my Big Shot using the dots folder from Stampin' Up! The pink piece is textured with the flourish plate from Stampin' Up!, but it's kind of hard to see. The sentiment is from the "Signature Greetings" set from Papertrey Ink (just started buying their products last month and they are awesome!). Satin white ribbon with a handmade stick pin divides the two colors and the final touch was an itty bitty butterfly punched from white, flying from the sentiment. Here is a close up of the stick pin:



You Make Me Smile Card

Cardstock: (Whisper White, Melon Mambo) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Basic Black) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Signature Greetings) Papertrey Ink
Ribbon: (White Satin) Stampin' Up!
Embossing: (Small Dots, Flourish) Stampin' Up!
Punch: (Butterfly) Martha Stewart Crafts
Other: Stick pin, beads

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the Create Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...