Tuesday, January 11, 2011

CARDS Challenge Gallery - Felt

Phew...two posts in one day! I decided to play along with the CARDS challenge this week as I've been meaning too for some while, but I kept missing the deadlines (oops). The challenge for this week was to use felt. I had all these felt ideas in my head, but I don't actually own any felt, so I made do with what I had. In the bottom of one of my drawers I found a whole tin of felt flowers (yeah not the most original idea I had in mind lol). Here's what I came up with:


It would have been nice to have some actual sheets of felt because I've been dying to try out some of my Papertrey Ink dies with some different materials. For this card I dug out a stamp I had won from the PaperCrafts 2007 Stamping Royalty contest, which was a HUGE background stamp by Judi Kins called "bead curtain". I colored every fourth string with an old olive marker, making an upwards diagonal slope so I could fit a sentiment in the bottom right hand corner. I scattered three different colored felt flowers, in varying shapes and sizes along the strings and attached them with brads in the same colour scheme. The sentiment and design at the bottom of the card are both from Stampin' Up! The whole panel was then popped up with some pop dots.


Friend in Me Card (All supplies Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)

Cardstock: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Flowers: Felt (Rose Red, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie)
Stamp: (Bead Curtain) Judi Kins
Ink: Old Olive
Rub-on: Bright Delights
Brads: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive

Thanks for stopping by and happy card making!

1 comment:

  1. I saw your card over at the CARDS' blog and I simply ADORE it! It's wonderful!!!! And congrats to getting your card picked!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...