Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink January Blog Hop


I'm new to Papertrey Ink products, so new I just bought my first stamp sets last month! The challenge for this blog hop was to use a stamp set that hasn't been used in awhile or has never been inked. All my stamps fell in the latter category...I've been stocking up, but just haven't had a chance to use any :) So, I chose the "Warm Happiness" and "Warm Happiness Too" sets because I LOVE coffee cups and tea cups. I made two CAS cards using these sets.


For the this card I used the matching die to cut out the mug shape on patterned paper and then stamped the outline image over top in black. I stamped the heart image in black above the cup and then stamped the heart image again on pink cardstock. The heart was cut out and popped up with a foam dot and then covered in crystal effects. Here is a closeup:


Stamping on patterned paper is a great way to use up scraps and I did the second cup with the same patterned paper. For this card I did the same thing I did with the first one, except my raised image is the cup itself and I just stamped the hearts on pink paper, glued them on and outlined with a black marker. These hearts have crystal effects on them as well.




 Here is a close up of the cup detail:


Warm Heart, Warm Thoughts Cards

Cardstock: (Sahara Sand, Pretty in Pink) Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: Scraps from Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, Sahara Sand) Stampin' Up!
Stamps: (Warm Happiness, Warm Happiness Too) Papertrey Ink
Dies: (Warm Happiness) Papertrey Ink
Other: pop dots, crystal effects

Thanks for stopping by and happy blog hopping :)

37 comments:

  1. Oh these are fabulous. I have so many coffee stamps and now I want these ones too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooo cute! CONGRATULATIONS on your first PTI purchase! I just KNOW there'll be many many many more to come! lol

    Luv Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love these cards. I think I have to buy this set now! I love how you used diff ink for "warm." Ahhhh! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute, CAS cards! Love the colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love love love these cards! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh, I remember that paper, so old school ;). Love these - they are adorable, clean, and perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute cards. Welcome to PTI! CAS are my very favorite types of cards and yours is perfect. I love the look of these images on the kraft background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those are adorable! So CAS and just sweet as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE! Love those sweet little mugs! Great CAS cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these!!! They are both so cute!! Great CAS cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are adorable. Welcome to the PTI family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a cute card!! I love the clean and simple style :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute cards. They are clean simple and love teh kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I consider myself pretty new still to PTI..maybe less then a year? I just adore these projects...amazing how simple you can do but how darn CUTE they still turn out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! I just love your cards!!! Way cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What darling cards. The pink really pops off the kraft. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are adorable - love how simple they are! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally cute! Love the CAS look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love both of your cards! Super cute! I have both of these sets too and they still haven't been inked! Thanks for the inspiration and good luck holding yourself back from PTI stamp sets... it's an addiction! A good addiction! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh - I really love this! So simple and yet just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think these are my favorite cards of the entire Blog Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are wonderful! Case-ing for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great little gift set! Love the paper pieced cups!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE!!! Your CAS cards are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH, I just LOVE your cards! So very effective and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! CAS is not my personal style of choice, but your cards are so PERFECT- not only would I not change anything, I want to CASE them! I can do CAS; I can...
    Your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oops, forgot to add that I love your blog buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are gorgeous! Clean with the right pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Look at these totally cute cards! I love how simple and beautiful they are. You really chose the most perfect colors. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love both of your cards. Great choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So cute. You are really making me want these stamps now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG! Too cute. I love these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I wanted to let you know that your card was one of the reason I bought this set, check out my card and link back to this card. http://homemadecardsbyerin.blogspot.com/2011/02/you-warm-my-heart.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...