Tuesday, January 4, 2011

PDCC62 with Julie Ranae

Finally things are back to normal and I get to play with my fave weekly challenges again over at the Play Date Cafe. This week there is yet another gorgeous inspirational photo with such a fun and bright color palette, here is what it looks like:

One of my New Years resolutions is to use more of my ribbon. I hoard ribbon, I covet ribbon, I LOVE ribbon...I just have to use it more. So that's what I did, as much as it pained me to cut the pretty ribbon, I used it. :) Here is what I came up with:


I drew the heart and cut it out and then adhered some tacky tape to the front surface. Then I took two different colour pink ribbons and alternated them on the heart front to cover it. Next I drew a black rectangle on my card front and added pink zigzag stitches over top. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and I first stamped it in pink and then stamped it again with black over top and slightly off, to give it a fuzzy to the eye look. The final touch was pink rhinestones in the corners and popping the heart up with pop dots.


I Miss You Card

Cardstock: (Crumb Cake) Stampin' Up!
Ribbon: (Regal Rose, Melon Mambo) Stampin' Up!
Ink: (Basic Black, Melon Mambo) Stampin' Up!
Rhinestone Stickers: Me & My Big Ideas
Stamp: (Chair-ished) Papertrey Ink
Other: Zigzag stitch template, pop dots

Thanks for stopping by and hope everyone is enjoying a new crafting year!

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet sweet card Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great idea to use ribbon!! I'm a hoarder too! Love the simplicity of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie...you and I have something wonderful in common...besides The Play Date Cafe being my favorite challenge ; ) I TOO am a 'collector' : )
    of ribbon! In fact, each year rather than make a resolution, I set a creative goal to do something new. Last year it was BOO (see my blog sidebar)...this year, I will be using more of my ribbon stash...will be making a badge for that soon, so make sure you come get it!
    NOW....this is a great entry for this week's challenge and a creative design to be sure!
    Here's to seeing you as much as possible in 2011 in The Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that ribbon heart! I love the stitching and the CAS design:) Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at the Cafe and for playing along with us at PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...