Tuesday, January 11, 2011

PDCC63 with Sarah Anderson

I've been busy enjoying a whole day of crafting fun on my day off and as usual on a Tuesday, I had a chance to play along with the latest challenge over at the Play Date Cafe. The photo is very cool and I wouldn't mind trying to get a shot like that of a brook somewhere with my new camera :) Anyways, here is what the photo looks like:

Very earthy and not a colour combo I work with...at all, therein lies the challenge :) The first thing I thought of when I saw this photo was a four leaf clover and the idea just went from there. Here is what I came up with using this unique colour combo:


I just happened to have a whole folder of different colour sheets of metal from waaayy back and found some scraps of gold and silver I could use. I ran the pieces through my big shot with two different embossing folders to give it some texture. For the focal point I used a frame stamp from the November 2010 Unity Stamp kit club and stamped it in a green slightly darker as my card base. The clover is a rub-on from Little Yellow Bicycle and the sentiment is a rub-on from Stampin' Up! I had originally placed the rub-ons right over the frame, but didn't like the flatness of it, so I stamped a second frame, cut it out and popped it up off the original frame. Now the only problem I had in the end was photographing the card! The metal was prone to reflect every colour around it, so I had to make a temporary light box to block out the colours around it, not completely satisfied, but it will do :)

Good Luck Card

Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, (Whisper White) Stampin' Up!
Metal Sheets:  (Gold, Silver) Unknown source
Stamps: (November 2010 Kit) Unity Stamp Company
Ink: (Old Olive) Stampin' Up!
Rub-Ons: (Clover) Little Yellow Bicycle, (Sentiment) Stampin' Up!
Embossing Folders: (Dots) Stampin' Up!, (Circles) Cuttlebug
Other: Pop dots

Thanks for stopping by and "good luck" with your crafting projects today :)

8 comments:

  1. The embossing looks great on the metal Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the embossed sheets of metal! Beautiful texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossed metal! Very fun take on the challenge colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of the texture you've created, the earthy feel of it goes really well with the picture. Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is FANTASTIC! Love how you embossed those squares. Awesome job. Thanks for playing with us at THe Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Wonderful textures and patterns and a great design! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! Love that texture and the gold/silver mix! BEAUTIFUL:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...