Sunday, February 20, 2011

Make it Monday Challenge with Papertrey Ink

 
The Papertrey Ink blog has started something new this past couple of weeks and it's called Make it Mondays! Basically it is a video tutorial done by one of the design teams featuring a technique and the challenge is to make something using this technique. This week is all about the vellum sentiment strip. Here is what Nicole Heady sample looks like, you can view the video tutorial by clicking here.


I haven't used vellum in ages so I had to do a LOT of digging to find a piece. For my project I basically followed Nicole's design layout of the card and here is what my end result was:


For my vellum strip I stuck both long edges in a circle embossing folder to give it some texture which in turn matches the embossing detail on the blue scalloped circle.


Little Sweet Pea Card
Cardstock: (Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Marina Mist) Stampin' Up!
Vellum: (White) Michaels
Stamps: (pea pod, Baby Button Bits) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Old Olive, Marina Mist, Certainly Celery) Stampin' Up!; (Jet Black) Staz On
Buttons: (Certainly Celery) Stampin' Up!
Embossing Folder: (Circles) Cuttlebug
Punch: (Large Scallop Circle) Marvy Uchida; (Circle cutter, corner rounder) Creative Memories
Tools: (sponge, paper piercer) Stampin' Up!; (faux stitching tool) Making Memories
Other: White thread

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great creative day!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE YOUR STYLE!!!!! I am a new follower from The Scrapbox. I found you through a comment on a post from The Scrapbooking Club... And I have to say, I am VERY glad to have found you! You are very talented!!! Thanks for sharing your work! If you would like to find me....you can find me on Facebook or my blog: www.scrapbox00.blogspot.com or check out my website: www.scrapbox00.com Look forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fabulous!! LOVE the buttons behind the cutout and the embossed vellum - what great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...