Sunday, February 20, 2011

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger - Comfy Cozy

Now that I'm finally caught up on some challenges, I had a little extra creative time to play along with some more challenges :) I've been watching week after week as the Tuesday Triggers over at the Moxie Fab World have rolled by, always saying I'd do that one and end up missing the deadline. I couldn't pass up the trigger this week, take a peek at this FaBuLous trigger photo.


There are so many things about this photo that inspired me. Number one, the colour palette, yummy! Number two, the stripes. Number three, the worn and aged look of that mantel type shelf and last but not least what appears to be some embroidery on the pillows. My card turned out to be an all day project (mainly because of the hand stitched components) but I loved every minute of it :)


I started by selecting my colour palette from the photo and came up with; Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and Whisper White from Stampin' Up! I wanted to ink up one of my new stamp sets from Stampin' Up!, so I chose the damask design from the set "Bliss". I've been trying to use up my retired patterned paper, so I rummaged through my stash and found some papers from the "Parisian Breeze" collection that went with my colour palette. I wanted to give all my pieces a worn/soft aged look, which was done by sanding everything, inking with Crumb Cake and then sanding again. The large panel on the card base was created by stamping off the image once and then stamping on the cardstock to get a lighter image. I used a stamp-a-ma-jig for placement. I stamped the focal image with Riding Hood Red onto Very Vanilla cardstock, sanded the whole thing and then applied Crumb Cake ink with a sponge. This panel was mounted on Whisper White that was distressed and inked along the edges. Using a cream colored thread, I zigzag stitched the edge of the focal image, plus the large panel onto the card base. Here is a close up of the focal image.



For the accessories I used large striped ribbon with the colors Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla tied in a simple bow. A button was sewed onto the knot and then I placed pearl stickers around the edge of the button and the center. The final touch was two corsage pins pinned through the bow with crystal and Swarovski pearl beads.


Comfy & Cozy Card (all supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Whisper White
Patterned Paper: (grid, polka dot, floral, Parisian Breeze (retired))
Ribbon: Riding Hood Red/Very Vanilla, striped (retired)
Stamps: Damask image from Bliss)
Ink: Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red
Button: Very Vanilla, Neutrals Designer Buttons
Stickers: Pearls
Tools: (sponge, stamp-a-ma-jig) Stampin' Up!; (distresser)  Making Memories
Other: cream thread, corsage pins, crystal beads, Swarovski pearls

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Julie this is absolutely stunning! Love it to bits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a really stunning card. Fab job on the inspiration photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your inspiration for this card. I, too, look at interior designs for ideas on color combos... YOur card is gorgeous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie! What a beautiful approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for joining in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is amazing! I predict a trigger target winner. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! You're a Tuesday Trigger!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is great, congrats on your Moxie Fab win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Julie! this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Julie! This is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beyond gorgeous! Congrats on your win it was well deserved. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Julie! Love how you dressed up that button. Congrats for being picked as one of the Triggers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So classically beautiful! Congratulations on the Trigger - **so** well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is absolutely lovely! congrats on the trigger!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...