Tuesday, February 1, 2011

PDCC66 with Sarah Anderson

Well, I have discovered this week that a messed up work week can wreak havoc on your precious crafting time! Usually I'm off on Tuesdays (which is the day I work on my challenges), but I ended up on a seven day stretch and found just enough time to squeeze in a card this evening after work for the Play Date Cafe challenge. This week's challenge was a colour splash using the colour purple! This is what the inspirational photo looks like:


I decided to pull out some of my Stampin' Up! stamps I haven't used in a while and in this case it was a set that I've had for months, but never inked yet (this appears to be a running trend for me...stockpiling, but never using lol). Here is what I came up with in my crunched crafty time:


 This card was very simple to make. I stamped a chair from the "Have A Seat" stamp set from Stampin' Up! in basic black, five times across the paper. On a separate piece, I stamped the chair in versamark and then embossed it in lilac powder. The lilac chair was cut out and popped up off the second last chair in the row. I mounted the chair images on black and then mounted that piece on another white piece done in a checkered texture. I stamped the sentiment on the textured piece and then wrapped the two opposite corners with black satin ribbon, adding a bow to the top right corner. The final step was adhering the whole card front to a black card base...easy peasy :)


One of a Kind Card (all supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)

Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
Stamps: Have a Seat, One of a Kind
Ink: Basic Black,Versamark
Ribbon: Basic Black Satin
Embossing Powder: (Lilac) Whispers
Texture Plate: Checkered
Other: Pop dots, tacky tape

Thanks for looking and happy snow day!

10 comments:

  1. Hello Julie :) Wow glad you had time to squeeze in a card for the Play Date Cafe this week! Love your little splash of lilac :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love those chairs, and your stamping is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the splash of color, and a very chic card, too- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo! I love that checkered texture and your lone, little, purple chair! Thank you so much for playing along with us, this week, in the Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this SoOoOo much! So CAS, so trendy and fresh! Love it :) Thanks for splashing with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those little chairs and the lone purple one is just asking for someone to take a seat! :) Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this card!? LOOOOOOOOVE the line up of chairs! How fun!! Beautifully done:) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card with all those chairs and one purple one standing out...LOVE IT!!! Browsed through your blog too...lovely cards!!! Am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great, I'm a huge fan of the PTI On My Couch set and it's fun to see other chairs in action.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card - simple and elegant! Thanks for the kind comment on my blog. I loved visiting here!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...