Tuesday, February 8, 2011

PDCC67 with Ruby 2 Shoes

Over at the Play Date Cafe this week the colour combo was very close to the colour combo that had me stumped for a good four days the last time. You might remember challenge number 55 which was a very similar  with the extra colour of pale blue for a total of 5 colours. Here is what the inspirational photo looks like for this week:


I don't work a lot with dark colours like this, and I knew I had exhausted all my creative juice in the card making department with challenge #55. Coming up with a new idea for a card with these colors was not working for me, so I turned to my other hobby and left the paper behind :) It's been soooooo long since I've made any jewelery, that all my supplies had literally collected dust! As I started sifting through my beads and crystals I discovered that my collection of Swarovski crystals had all these colors and they looked pretty nice together (mind you I couldn't find a blue as dark as I wanted so I had to go with sapphire). Here is what I came up with:



I made a Swarovski crystal bracelet with matching earrings. There are exactly 70 Swarovski crystals on the bracelet and 18 on the earrings, all hand wire wrapped with sterling silver wire (my hand is feeling the effects of this lol) The colors are Light Rose, Ruby, Siam and Sapphire. I ran out of sterling silver toggle clasps so I ended up making one from scratch. I will probably replace it once I get some more because the wire for the clasp is just silver plated and it doesn't quite match. Here are some other pictures and close ups....the pictures don't do it justice, the crystals reflect the light a lot prettier in real life :)



What it looks like on my wrist, I think I might wear it to work tomorrow :)


Close up of the toggle clasp.



Close up of the Swarovski crystals.








Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!













16 comments:

  1. Girlfriend!!! This set is gorgeous! What a perfect use of the colors over in The Cafe!
    I've made several bracelets using this method, but not these colors together...so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOZERS to the MAX!!! AMAZING take on the colours Julie!! Thanks for joining us at the PLay Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you find out some secret crafting past to people! Loving your bracelet Julie - I bet it took you ages :) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes, that's beautiful, Julie! Way to rock our color story in an inventive way! Thank you so much for always bringing your best to the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FaNtaBuLouS!! Wow, Wow, WOW! Super out of the box creative and soooo gorgeous!! You MUST wear it to work tomorrow so everyone can drool over your talent :) So happy you shared with us at The Play Date Cafe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, I'm kind of speechless here! I don't know if I can find the right words to tell you how beautiful I think this is. Outstanding. (that kind of sums it up!) Thanks for playing with us at the Cafe, and can't wait to have you be our Guest in March!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooooooooove this! These are super beautiful! LOVE your take on this color story! BEAUTIFUL! LUSH! GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie this is GORGEOUS!! I adore how you used the colors, how creative! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word, I am in love with this set. It is so beautiful and I'm sure that your photo doesn't do it justice because I know how pretty those crystals are IRL. (I have dabbled in jewelry myself) Way to knock it out of the park with this week's colors. SO glad to have you on board at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Julie this is so, so, so, so GoRGeouS!!! I do the same, finding that some colours work for me best in one type of craft, whilst others work with another! So glad this got you making jewellery again though, and hope to see some more here in the cafe :) Thanks so much for joining our play date over at the cafe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOW!!! This is absolutely STUNNING! Thank you SO much for bringing my first colour challenge to life so beautifully!!! LOVE it!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness what beautiful jewelry! Absolutely stunning! Amazing creativity...thank you for sharing it with us! Glad to have you join us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO GORGEOUS!!! Your jewelry looks amazing in those colors!! Congrats on your fab 4!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just beautiful, and I bet it makes a lovely tinkly sound when you wear it! Congratlations on getting the Fab 4! Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is really beautiful ,nice to see something different.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...